From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:40:16 -0600
>From:    Karla Staudt <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: fleas
>
>I know this has been discussed before, but ......... Besides bathing the
>ferret and bedding what can be used ON the ferret to discourage or kill
>the fleas?  I think it is one of the cat applied products, but which one
>and how much?  I am also using the natural remedies/deterrents but I want
>to nip this in the bud ASAP.

The very best you can get is either Advantage or Frontline.  I'm more
familiar with Advantage because I've used it on my crew for several
years.  You can get it from a vet or from online stores like
http://nationalpetsupply.com.

I get the size for the 55 pound and over dogs.  I use an insulin syringe
to draw up 0.2 ml and apply that to the back of the neck once a month.
All sizes contain the same chemical, just different amounts of it and all
sizes cost about the same so you can see why I get the largest.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if there's a hot water bottle hanging from the shower pole.