From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 20:07:01 -0700
Why There Is No Easter Ferret

One day Mother Nature walked by her desk and out of the drawers popped the
heads of three of her very favorite creatures-ferrets.  She scooped them up
in her arms, hugging them and kising them, and telling them how much she
loved them!  They all put cold, wet noses on her cheek and kissed her back!

"I've been trying to come up with a plan that will show the rest of the
world just how sweet and adorable you all are," she said as she put them
down.  "Come and let me show you what I have in mind."

The ferrets all scampered after her, dancing joyfully around her feet.  As
they entered the living room, they saw a brightly colored basket, decorated
and filled with all kinds of goodies!  "No reason Santa should have all the
fun," she said with a warm smile.

"What I have in mind is to fix up pretty baskets like this one and deliver
them to good girls and boys all over the world...and who do you suppose I
could get to deliver these baskets?" she asked the three prancing furfaces
at her feet.

"Well, what do you think of the baskets?" she asked.  But before the words
were even out of her mouth, the furfaces were in the basket!  The brown
furface found a little yellow stuffed duck.  He grabbed it, jumped out of
the basket, and deposited it safely in his hidey-hole under the desk.  The
big white ferret found something that smelled sweet-like food!  Yummy!
He sniffed and scratched at one package after another!  The little white
ferret found heaven digging in the grass that filled the basket!

Mother Nature was shocked at this kind of behavior!  "This is no way to
treat an Easter Basket," she said with her hands on her hips!  But the
furkids did not notice-they were joyfully rolling wonderfully colored
Easter Eggs backwards-between their legs across the floor!

"Oh Children, you are so silly!" Mother Nature said laughing.  Then she
started to hum...then sing!  "Here comes Furface Ferrettail hopping down
the forest trail.  Hippity, Hoppity Easter's on it's way Yes!" she said,
"That's it!  Let's see you all hop!"

"Hop?" the furkids asked.

"Yes, hop!  Like you are so happy and full of joy to be taking these
baskets to good girls and boys!  Hop!"

So they did!  Heads going one way, tails another!  Dooking and clucking
like you have never heard!  Doink into the wall!  Doink into the basket!
And doink right into Mother Nature's legs!

"Dear me!" Mother Nature said, "This is just not what I had in mind at all!
She sighed as she glanced out the window-where she saw a rabbit hopping
gracefully amid the clover patch.

"Oh well," she said as she scooped the adorable little furkids up in her
arms.  "I will always love you best!" And one by one, she tucked then
in...one into his hanging cube, one into her soft, warm sleep sack, and
the third into his blue suede corner hammock.

The last thing they heard as they drifted off into a delightful ferrety
sleep was the sound of Mother Nature's voice as she went outside.
"Oh Mr. Bunny..."

And this explains why there is no Easter Ferret!

Happy Easter Everyone!
Judy Cooke
Tyson, Hope and Einstein