From:
Jessica Park <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 14:55:51 -0400
Hi all,
Well, it's finally happened.  I've lost my first fuzzy.  Fred, the
single-most wonderful ferret in the entire history of the world, died
sometime this morning.  To make a long story short, I saw him laying in one
of the hammocks with Foxy, and his neck was in a weird position.  I shook
the hammock through the bars of the cage, as this usually wakes them up or
at least makes them move.  Fred didn't move.  I reached in and realized that
he was dead.  If this post sounds dispassionate (is that the right word??)
in any way, it's only because I'm still in shock.  Out of all the ferrets,
out of all of our numerous pets, Freddy, my little boy, had to die.  The
only bright spot in all of this sudden darkness is that at least Freddy's
not in pain any more.  He's waiting on this side of the Rainbow Bridge with
my other animal friends that have died.  This may sound mean, but I just
want to run out and get another ferret.  Fred's shown me what wonderful
friends ferrets can be.  He loved to snuggle, and he loved sleeping in my
waterbed.  He'd roll over for one of his little yellow toys or for a drink
of water out of my cup.  I'm not trying to replace Fred; I know nothing has
a chance of *ever* replacing him.  I know that Freddy's watching me, and
that he'd want me to be happy.  So I'm getting another little fuzziebutt,
but I know that nothing can ever replace my favorite ferret, my little baby
boy, and my best friend.  To all people owned by ferrets out there, enjoy
your ferret while he or she is alive.  Fred gave me five wonderful years; I
only wish that he'd been happier these past few months.  And to all the sick
fuzzies out there, get better so your mommy or daddy won't have to go
through what I'm going through with Freddy.  Freddy's body is still and
cold, but I know that he'll always be with me, and I know that one day we'll
meet again at the Rainbow Bridge.  I'll love you forever, Freddy.

                                Sincerely,

                               Jessica and the three speed demons