From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:33:32 -0700
It doesn't have to be just for the ferrets, you know.  It has other useful
purposes than making 'Bob's Mess'.  Your ferrets won't mind if you borrow
it once in a while.

For instance, last night I made hashbrowns.  I'd cooked more potatoes for
potato salad than I used, and they were languishing in the fridge.
Pathetic looking things.  But after cutting away all the skins, I ran them
through the meat grinder and had wonderful hashbrowns

Know all the kibble cumbs in the bottom of the bowls - that the ferrets
won't eat?  Process it through the meatgrinder, and it becomes powder,
which can be mixed into any of the Duck Soup type foods.  Neugi gets it
stirred into his heavy cream, which he prefers to lap off my fingers over
eating it from a bowl.

Speaking of which, there is a terrific meat grinder on eBay, available
until the 30th.  It is listed as 'Dazey Meat Grinder Unused w/attachment
NR!', item 151754847, opening at $5.00.  If someone is interested but
doesn't have time/inclination to go to eBay, I can forward it to you - the
information, not the item!  This is a tabletop grinder, which I feel is a
superior machine to the older, bolt on style.  It's also made from
aluminum, with a white enamel base.  Somebody's grandma got it for Xmas in
1965 and never used it.

Georgia - the left coast one...