From:
Eden Rain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:17:11 -0700
Howdy from Eden & the boys in Seattle,
Bob C made a very impassioned plea for a nationwide ferret organization in
this mornings FML, and asked us all to post our opinions, so here's my 2
cents worth.

As usual, I agree with Bob 100% on this.  How can we reasonably expect to
combat national groups like the Sierra club & the audobon society if we're
not playing on the same level they are?  The 10 ferret lovers who are trying
to change East Podunk from a ferret free zone will make a lot more headway
if they have the financial & political backing of a national organization.

I don't know enogh about any f the various ferret oranizations already out
there to make a fair judgment on them as individual groups but I do know for
sure, from reading the FML & the like, that there's way too much time &
energy wasted squabbling about who's group is better & why, that could be
spent helping to protect ferrets like kodo or legalize ferrets in
California.

If people are worried that they don't want to be part of a group where one
of "THEM" is in charge then we can put in place regulations to make the
leadership rotate on a regular basis, but for gosh sake lets find a way to
pool all the unharnessed energy available from all the wonderful people out
there who care so much about ferrets & put it to work on a national level to
help our little Fuzzy gangs.  Look at how we've pulled togethre to help Kodo
& think how much we could accomplish if we worked in tandem like this all
the time!

And by the way Bob, you're definately up there as one of the giants in my
book - gotta love people who appreciate primary documentation in their
research!

Eden and her 3 guys: Misha, Lemke & Bill (the human one)