From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 12:52:13 -0800
If everyone in CA obeyed the law and no one had ferrets, who would there be
to care enough to change the law?  If I had never seen a ferret, then
searched (ferreted!) out more information on them besides the urban myths of
rabies and baby eating, I wouldn't be posting flyers for their legalization
or writing my legislators now.  A good home in California is still more safe
than an impulse buy non educated and possibly abusive situation anywhere
else.  Our ferrets may not get to go out much, but they are happy, safe, and
healthy - and the few people they've met now care enough to vote for their
legalization after seeing how nice they are.  Just another perspective for
the breeder who asked.

[LD]