From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:24:10 EDT
As you all know Drag died Thursday July 19th at Park Animal Hospital.
He went in on that Monday for a recheck as he was not feeling well.  Since
he had his last surgery he wasn't himself.  i thought it may be post op
depression combined with his anemia.

Dr. K kept him with her at the hospital and took him home with her at night
and her day off.

she had called me Thursday morning to let me know we need to make a
desision about him, to euthanize him.  I was going to pick him up on
Friday and let him spend the weekend with me and his friends and then on
Monday help him cross over the Rainbow Bridge.

I never got that chance, he died that afternoon at the hospital.  He was
eating and drinking just a short time before he died.  We suspect his heart
gave out.  I think it all was to much for him and he had lost his zest for
life.

i will never forgive myself for not being there for him when he died, I
hope he didn't think I just forgot about him.  i will never forget him.

when dr, k came to my house to give me the news, I fell apart, and I was in
disbelief.  My friend Brenda brought his body to me and I say good bye and
all his cagemates said good bye also.  i wanted to just lay down with him
and spend time with him but we had to go rescue a California ferret so I
had to go.  Well I guess I don't ever have to go but as a rescue and
comitted to saving lives I know I needed to go.  It was the hardest Cal.
rescue I ever had to go on.  I could only think of Drag.

Drag was creamated on Monday.  i personally laid him to rest in the
crematorium and was given the key.  Brenda and i want back that afternoon
and took him out and finished the cremation process.  i don;t know if I
could ever do that again but I left him once and was not going to do that
again.

Drag is back with me now and i'll find a fitting urn for him to rest in.  I
know he is now pain free and running as he could never do before.  i'm glad
his pain is over but I miss him so much and I can't seem to stop the tears.
He died because of animal cruility comlications.  That is the part that
hurts the most.  his life was compromised and cut shot from a senseless act
of anger.  his cage is still decorated with all his get well cards, i can't
remove them, its just to final for me.  My son cleaned his cage where his
friends still reside as I wasn't able to do it myself.

I know Drag would thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers, and so I
thank you for him and myself.

Take care,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter