From:
Ilena Ayala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 21:19:58 -0500
Run, don't walk, to your nearest Caldors!!  Because they are going out of
business, *everything* is for sale.  Including store fixtures.

Head for the section where sleeping bags and tents normally are.  (Don't
worry if there are none left.)  Scour the shelves and see if the DISPLAY
for the sleeping bags made by Acadamy Broadway is still there.  (Brand name
is Trails End.)  The display sports five small sleeping bags, measuring
10 1/2" x 20".  (Scaled down samples of their normal product.  You know...
ferret sized.) You can zip two together to make a bigger one.  And because
they are designed to hang on a rod in the display, there is a loop at the
top of the bag you can use to secure it on a cage shelf.

They are just adorable!!

If there are any still at your local Caldors, they will probably be tossed
on a nearby shelf. and not hanging up as they normally are.  I raided the
three Caldors nearest me (Yonkers NY, Greenburgh and Port Chester).  Found
one in Yonkers, got all five at Greenburgh, came up empty at Port Chester.
For the six I got, I paid two dollars each.

It might not be too late to find some at stores near you, but hurry, I
suspect people are buying them to put dolls in.  (As if a doll could
appreciate one as much as a ferret!)  Prices are fixed locally since they
are store fixtures they will make something up.  Make sure they know the
SKU numbers found on the tags on the bags are intended for the full size
bag, and that these are part of a display.

Happy hunting!

Ilena Ayala