From:
Ophelia Hardin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2008 01:22:34 -0700
Last thing first:

If I read Lisa's original post correctly, she'd been through adrenal
ferrets before and preferred to let them die with the adrenal they were
born with rather than medicate and apothecate (is that a word?) 'til
death and the vet bills do part.

Furthermore, my take on her post was a question to all of us, asking,
in essence, " how to relieve the suffering in end-stage adrenal
disease".

That's admirable in my opinion, and the option I'd choose for my evil
kreetchurs myself.

So far as I've noticed, no one has answered her question.

I repeat: No one has answered her question.

RE: Tough Tunnels

I think it may depend on the state in which you live. Many states have
outlawed clear dryer vent tubes, but I've found the ferrets actually
prefer the foil (and supposedly flame-proof) dryer tubes instead.

Of course, the best tunnels for ferrets are still the carpets tubes
left over from either Home Depot or Lowes. They're the spool around
which large carpets are wound, usually about 12 feet long. Because they
are hard to dispose of, you can get all you want just for the asking.
Easy to cut with a saw to length, too.

Regards,
Jim