From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 08:56:12 -0800
>Ringworm is not a worm at all, but a fungus (Like athlete's foot) You may
>try putting a little antibiotic cream on the spot, but if I were you I would
>call and find out

Tom the pharmacist here.  IF it is ringworm DO NOT put antibiotic cream on
it.  Most antibiotics are in a ointment (vaseline) base and may cause the
ringworm to spread.  It would be better to use tolnaftate cream (BN Tinactin)
or clotrimazole cream (BN Lotrimin AF).  Now understand I DON"T KNOW IF IT
IS RINGWORM.  Ring worm is usually a round red spot, sometimes with a dot in
the center (hence the name:they thought the worm entered through the dot).
And it is contagious wash your hands well after touching and launder the
ferts bedding until and after it goes away as the bedding can re-infect the
animal.

Hope this helps.