From:
Kim Neel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 06:14:12 -0500
>Brought 2 7wk ferrets last week now they are getting sick they are
>puking with wet tail I'm giving them cat food and milk and now they not
>eating as much as before.  Any suggestion on now to make them better?"

!st of all....GET RID OF THE MILK!  Ferrets cannot digest dairy products!
Get a better food also.  Cat food is not good enough for ferrets.  They
need a food high in fat and protein.  A high quality ferret food...
ie: 8-in-1 Ultimalte, Sheppard and Greene, even iams kitten or maximum
nutrition kitten is better than cat food!  Give them ONLY water to drink.
Since they are vomitting and have diahrea, get them to a vet!  I would
imagine they are probably dehydrated already and need some fluids from
a vet!  I hope your babies will be ok.  After the vet....go and buy the
book "Ferrets for Dummies" by Kim Schilling!  This is the "ferret bible"
and a MUST HAVE for all ferret owners.  It will answer all basic
questions on ferret care and then some.

Again, hope they will be ok....and GET THEM TO A VET ASAP!