From:
Ferret Rescue of Tidewater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 1996 10:11:27 -0500
just wanted to clarify Hans' letter.  the rescue is Ferret Rescue of
Tidewater, and Pam Deshong houses all of our adoptable ferrets.  The mailing
address is: 2312 Starfish Rd.  #301 Virginia Beach, Va. 23451.  All of our
adoptable ferrets have completed their distemper vaccinations.  We try the
best we can to save as many ferrets as we can, but we still have instances
where the animals are in such bad shape that they are never available for
adoption.  I hope that for 1996 people will finally understand that our
companion animals are not disposable, and that purchasing a pet is a
committment until death, not until inconvenient.  As many other shelters can
tell you, we receive animals because they bite (and dont), because they are
mean (and they arent) because they are sick (and its minor), they need
surgery (and dont want to pay for it) and many other stupid selfish reasons.
I can be reached at [log in to unmask] and I am one of the Assistant
Directors.  My phone number is (804) 481-3954 and I welcome any calls or
questions regarding ferrets.  I have had ferrets since 1985 and been
involved in rescuing ferrets since 1992.  I currently have 12 of the cutest
little furries (ok so i am biased).  Their names are: Sasha, Jezebel,
Bandit, Bruiser, Pele, Dijon, Yodhe Vawhe, Rascal, Misha, Hope, Jake &
Fuzzy.  Thanks and have a very happy new year!  Good luck to CA!