From:
Becky Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 01:36:26 -0500
Hi Ferret Lovers,

I believe I wrote to you all about 5 - 7 days go.  Since I last wrote I
have had Poohbear to a vet. again, infact the sameone I have been going
to, after going to 3, who just sent me home with antibiotics etc...

He has been tearing me apart, I love him dearly and I just don't know
what to do.

As I explained before I thought he had ECE, but since then the other
thing I thought was possible came to frition.  The test they took said
he has Adrenal Gland Disease.

So on Tuesday I took him back to his Dr. and they did an adrenal inplant.
(melatonin).  Yesterday he ate like a little pig, and drank water, and
his dooty was normal.

Then today he ate very little this morning and here it is 1:10 a.m. and
he would only eat a little of his baby food softened (kibble) and baby
chicken and a little sweet potatoes mixed together.

It will be 2 days tomorrow morning since the Melatonin inplant was done.

The vet. also had me get Prednizone and all he did was sleep, no
appititte I was afraid to give him his second dose for fear it would kill
him.  She said to take him off of Marshals food use Wysong food.  Never
heard of it, and had to go to 5 different pet stores to find it.  I got
it home and saw it, looked like bark.  I knew Pooh would stick his nose
up and he did.The drink I read like Ensure but not, can't think right now
what the name is he loves but the Pharmasist said not to get him on it
he'll want it all the time.

When a ferret has this dis. do they not eat and drink?  What else can
I do?

Just in case you don't recall us, Pooh is 4.5 yrs.  old, a sable male, he
has never been this sick before and he looks so bad.

Please help us, we don't want to loose him.  How long does it take for
all his symptoms to go away.  I wish I was sick not him, he scares me.
When at the vet he weighed 2 lbs.  This was 2 days ago but, I am so
afraid of him getting like he was 6 weeks ago.

Please advise as to what I can expect and what ever else you can tell me.

Dooks and Love
Poohbear and Beck