From:
Diane Burman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:17:34 -0500
This is a long overdue letter of support for Fuzztek Ferret Rescue of NJ.
Fuzztek is actually made up of Fuzztek North run by Yvonne DeCarlo and
Fuzztek Central run by Anne Ryan & her husband Jim.

Anne, Jim & Yvonne have been an invaluable source of help & support to me
for over 2 years now.  In the course of that time I have made many trips to
Fuzztek Central and have adopted a total of 4 ferrets from them.  Fuzztek
has always been there for me, patiently answering literally hundreds of
questions no matter how silly or tedious.  They have shared their wisdom &
expertise freely and been extremely patient with my children (both
bare-skinned & furry).  The shelter ferrets are always wonderfully cared
for and loved as if they were their very own no matter how challenging or
unique the special needs of a particular ferret might be.  Some of the sad
histories of these ferrets would make your hair stand on end but their
mistreatment and neglect stops the moment they are carried thru the doors
of Fuzztek for Fuzztek truly is a safe haven for all ferrets.

One of the many things that has impressed me about Fuzztek is their
ability to "turn around" ferrets with serious biting problems.  Many a
ferret you or I might have assumed to be unadoptable is transformed into
a well-socialized & gentle fuzzy ready for a new home.  All prospective
adopters are carefully screened and the Fuzztek folks work closely with all
applicants (and any existing ferrets the applicant might have) to make sure
the "fit" is right.  Fuzztek truly believes that the next home should be a
shelter ferret's forever home.  But, Fuzztek's commitment to their charges
doesn't end with the signing of adoption papers.  They will always "be
there" to help other ferret care-givers just as they've been there for me.
It's obvious that their love & commitment to ferrets runs deep.

I would heartily recommend Fuzztek to anyone looking to adopt a new fuzzy.
Without question they are worth the trip.

With deep gratitude,
Diane & the gang