From:
Lois Caselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:38:45 -0600
Your post has got to be about the most arrogant opinionated post I have
read in quite awhile.  I guess I forgot the word insensitive to.

Every ferret and every situation is different.  What you consider quality
of life is your opinion.

Our ferrets let us know when it's time to let them go.  If they aren't
ready to go and if some pain meds can make their lives more comfortable
until they don't want to stay any longer, then so be it.

I had people like you tell me I should put Tazzie down.  Why would I do
that when he enjoyed his life clear up to the last 2 hours of his life.
That was with the help of his Tazzie Mobile, pain meds, and me washing
his little bottom and squeezing him.  So what that I had to help him.
I have video's of him enjoying his life right up to the end, and if I
had just put him down because he was a burden to take care of, then that
wouldn't have made me a very good momma.

I'm not ever going to euthonize any animal because someone else thinks
that it's the thing to do.  My ferrets will tell me when it's time.

You are right, it is our responsibility to do what's best for these
little guys, but how we do that is with our own capable abilities.  We
shouldn't have to feel that since it's not someone else's opinion on
how it should be done, that we're slighting or harming our ferrets.

And that is of course, my opinion.
Lois