From:
Pauline Peach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:52:58 -0500
I don't usually jump in on this kind of dicussion, but I feel that I should
ad my 2 cnts worth.  When I first got ferrets, I was very uneducated about
them.  I took mine every where with me.  They never got sick and what
little education I had to offer was given out.  Things like "No it's not a
rat." and "  No I didn't catch it, it's not a wild animal.".  When people
are exposed to germs they and we are every day, they are more liikely to
build an imunity.  If a person isn't exposed, then when they do go out they
have no imunity.  When my ferrets got ECE it was because I brought it home
with me, they hadn't been out in months.  If a child is going to tell a
parent that they want a ferret, that could happen because they saw a ferret
on "Kindergarden Cop".  A person who's kids wanted a ferret called me last
spring because I was the only person she knew who had ferrets.  She called
before they got ferrets to get as much information a possible first.  After
they got ferrets she called again because the family was going on vacation
and wanted know where I left my ferrets.  She wanted to know that hers
would be safe while she was gone.  It's hard to educate some one on some
thing that they can't see.  I learned a lot about the Revolutionary War
when I was in school, but remember very little about it.

Polly, Squirt, and Splash