From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 20:03:30 EDT
Chip, our shelter's web master has added the latest version of "The Ferret
Owner's Manual" to the Web site.  The URL is:

http://www.worldpath.net/~chip/fert-man.html

I'll repeat the offer to anyone who might be interested.  You have my
permission to copy the file, print it out and make as many copies as you
wish to distribute to whomever might benefit.  You can give it to pet
stores to hand out with every ferret that they sell, shelters can do the
same; you can give it to ferret owners whom you know.  In fact I'd love to
see every new (and old) ferret owner have a copy.  The only thing I ask is
that no changes be made to it, and that no profit be made from it (although
it's all right to recover copying cost, If you'd like).

For those of you not familiar with it, it's about 33 pages long, filled
with as many bits of information on care, training, grooming, health tips,
etc., that I've been able to gather.  We go over it line by line with each
prospective adopter at our shelter, and each goes home with a copy.  Some
of our local pet stores hand it out, many of the local humane shelters hand
it out.  Even some vets hand it out.  It's being translated into Portuguese
by a wonderful woman in Brazil for her Web site.

You're more than welcome to use it.

Dick B.
The 4 Li'l Paws Ferret Shelter