From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 1995 10:19:41 -0400
Bill,

I'm still backlogged on reading FML backissues, but i saw your post today
about the length and your ideas.  Are you awar that AOL automatically divides
FML postings through Gateway?  sometimes I receive 3 sets (1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3
of 3) each day for the FML and it makes opening easy and I can read parts or
the whole thing.

I don't know HOW it all works, but others might want to think about using
their AOL access (if they have one) over using another service.  This is NOT
an endorsement or plug for AOL.  Maybe Gateway can be used on other systems
as well???

[Moderator's note: AOL splits stuff because their editor can't handle files
larger than 28K or so (the actual number depends on the version of AOL you're
using.)  The funny part is that most people really don't like that - I've
received many complaints about it.  Someone wanted me to put the index at t
the start of each split, for example, thinking I had control over where AOL's
gateway decides to split a file.  Anyhow, if you like it, much the better. BIG]

Pam