From:
Meesh Meesh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 20:43:44 PST
Hi again,
The girls are going for surgery this week though the exact date won't be
set till monday.  I had a question about bilateral recurrences for anyone
with experience, personal or professional.  I was told that surgery with
bilaterals only "lasts" about 8 months.  ie: that there is right adrenal
recurrence.  And, that multiple surgeries (or now Lupron) will be necessary
again.  I know that bilaterals occur infrequently in general and any given
vet/hospital will have seen a small number (hence, small sample size) but
I wonder what your experiences have been.  For those of you with any
experience with bilateral adrenalectomies (via incomplete surgical
excision, not ligation) what sort of recurrence rate have you had and
within what time span?

Thanks,

Michaela Maurice
College of Veterinary Medicine
Ohio State University
Class of 2002

ps. the girls' echos were normal - it was wild to watch their little hearts
beating 'a mile a minute'.  Blink once and you miss 10 beats!~!~ LOL