From:
Joanne D'Amico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 23:29:23 -0400
My ferret Dooker, a 2 yr old 2.5 lb. Path Valley Farms neutered male just
underwent a bilateral adrenalectomy with ligation of the vena cava last
month.  The vet has him on 1/4 tablet of 0.1 mg Florinef daily, and he
seems to be doing great, so far.  She started him on 1/4 tablet every other
day, but he had a crisis right after I brought him home, so we had to
increase it to daily.  I grind it up and mix it in a tsp. of vanilla
Sustecal, and he waits for it every morning !!!  Hope this helps ...

P.S.  I have had 6 Marshall Farms Ferrets to date, 1 Path Valley, and 3
from a private breeder.  The MF have all been sweet, loving and delightful
in every way (all were abused rescues) - and they seemed to recognize each
other and get along from the first sniff - but they and the others have not
bonded - I have to keep the 2 groups apart.  My big problem is the vet
bills and heartache - I have lost 3 of the 6 MF to the usual - 2 adrenal
cancers and one lymphoma.  Hugs and Dooks to All

Joanne and the Sugar Pops Posse