From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 17:27:45 EDT
most of this sounded really good to me...i think ADV testing SHOULD be
mandatory for ALL ferrets being shown OR for adoption at all shows... i
have a comment about this particular part tho...

>Unfortunately, if a ferret does test positive for ADV, the ferret will
>have to leave the premises.  The owner is welcome to return to the show
>hall once he/she returns from taking the ferret home if he/she chooses.

my concern here is that you do not state anything about the unfortunate
person having to "sanitize" them self..or shower and change clothes...all
of which...[their clothes and themselves]...have been in contact with an
ADV+ ferret...these precautions NEED to be addressed... or removing the
ferret from the premises is moot...

i assume the person/s doing the testing are sanitizing between ferrets and
taking the proper precautions...

i do not have any ADV+ ferrets...and i do not take any of mine to the
shows...BUT!..i have gotten a kit from a show...and visited with and
played with other ferrets there...how can you not???

these ADV precautions...while not fool-proof...surely cut down on the
chances you take going to a show...with or without your ferrets and
bringing home ADV with you...

i wish all shows would adopt this policy...what is the added cost of
$10.00 in comparison to risking the health and/or the life of your
ferret...or someone else's????

sounds like a small price to pay to me...

i personally can not afford it..so i would not take my ferrets... i can't
afford to show mine either...but IF i could..i would make sure the extra
$10.00 was available to have them tested...no doubt about it...

nope..no doubt about it...ADV is not something to take a chance with...not
when there is an alternative...

a concerned kat

KITY= .. =KAT...( a.k.a....FuzzieMom ) and the Kolektive of "16"
Rascal, Sassy, Wolfie, Monkey(Shine), Meeja, PopPye, Noodles, Sandi-Mandi,
Hope-HollyHeart, Edison, Lucky, Princess Cissy, Uh-Oh... and "Jack, Sassy,
and Angel"

And holding "Bear" and "Geezer" close in my Heart...
Missing pieces of my heart...Marcel, LittleWhiteGirl, Narmy, OldGuy, and
the biggest piece of my heart, Charlie!

The Ferrets' Pages... http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97