From:
Cynthia ritenour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2010 13:46:16 -0400
You know that little nagging sense of everything is too calm, almost
serene, like a gentle balance has beet attained? That's when the
monkey, I mean Ferret wrench for us ferret passioned people, seems
to muss up the works. Yesterday, the kids run the house, tustling,
snarfing a treat here and there, playing with toys, and generally doing
all things ferty.then the quiet of all tired fuzzies needing a rest,
and finding their favorite spots to curl up. Maybe a good time to put
everyone in their cage? In theory this is still a calm thing, as we
snuggle tired ferrets, lovingly kissing their little heads and tucking
them into their comfy hammies where they curl up to snooze. Then my
daughter screams from the living room where our cages are" Mom, come
quick, Lollies stuck.!" I run in to see Lollie with her head stuck in
the holes of the laundry basket that I thought for sure none of my
ferties could even get their heads into...how wrong I was. She must
have been checking out the laundry basket, as this was fuzzy laundry
day, and they help me fold. She must have gotten in after I left the
room and since shes short and the basket is deep, tried to get out
through the holes in the side. I ran to the kitchen, grabbed scissors,
and came back, telling my daughter to try to calm her, while I cut
from one hole to the one she was stuck in. I then was able to pull
the plastic wider so my daughter could pull her out. Thankfully, she
had no booboos, but maybe a sore neck, so we'll keep an eye on her.

Ferret Wrench......blood pressure skyrocketed..... meditation or
medication needed....... but then today, i feel nothing could give
a problem, we've had our excitement for a while I can relax....

Ferret wrench.... I hear the distinct sound of a triumphant ferret
carrying a plastic wrapping that came around my tuna cans, and my
spouse had accidentally put into the recycle bin. I jump up "Ham!"
yes his name is Ham... Hamilton to be exact and if he's really been
naughty.... He hears me yell his name, sees me jump up, and bolts for
the sofa, where he stashes his treasures. I'm thinking...plastic in
the tummy .... bad...gotta get it. I enlist the kids. we pull the sofa
out....no wrapper. Hamilton flying squirrels me from behind, like
"tricked ya Mommy, You can't find it, It's mine!" then we have to turn
the sofa on its' back to really search. there is no cloth bottom on
our sofa, that only lasted 'till someone found a hole and made it big
enough to hide in, kind of a makeshift hammy. well, I checked the
runners on the sides, and finally found it stuck up inside where the
arm of the sofa starts. That and.... a 35 mm film canister, the remote
from the old vcr, several stuffed animals, and a couple socks.....
hmmmmmmm. Found the motherload.... breath deep, put the can wrapper in
the bag for non ferret proof items to be recycled. (Our ferrets love
shopping the recycle bin so we make sure that only ferret safe items
are put in the bin. Although....I think Daddy needs some retraining!!)
anyway... blood pressure up again, refuse to think there will be a
peaceful moment, 'cause I think that the Ferret Wrench homes in on
such thoughts......

Here's wishing you all no Ferret Wrenches,
Cindy and the 8
Dobbin, Zoe, Ham, Cheese, Dora, LolliePop, Oliver,and Che'pe'
with our Little Marvin on load till he improves health

We're all here, except some of us who aren't,
Though some of us who aren't all here, are.....