Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:24:47 GMT
Hi,
I have a registered German Shepherd (Socrates Rose) that I have been
"fostering" for a year and 2 months. I haven't advertised him because
I don't want just anyone to get him. I have told the local GS rescue
about him and I'm trying word of mouth. He is 5 years old and neutered.

This morning I was out playing with him when our outside cat walked
up. Socrates took off after him. He clipped his right back leg on a
lawnmower trailer and broke it in one - maybe more places! (X-ray was
limited without putting him under anesthesia.)

According to the vet, it will need to have a plate and pins for about
$1200.00. Sadly, we don't have the money and my husband says we can't
do it. After crying my eyes out, I called several people asking if
there are any resources available for help. I can pay some (a friend
has offered to loan me $200.00).

Do y'all know of resources to help with such things? I have contacted
the local GS rescue, a vet friend, and a couple of other sources are
being looked into by these folks. I do know that at least one person
has said she will donate, but I don't know how much.

He will still be available for adoption if we can get him help. He is
a wonderful dog. Loving, sweet, and not a bit aggressive (except to
cats that run). My inside cats just his, and slap at him.

Thanks for anything you can do to help!
Tequita
Tequita Williamson, Certified Birth Doula (DONA International)

PLEASE spay and neuter. It SAVES lives!

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be
ruled by evil men." ~ Plato

"For those with the purity to see it, a nursing mother is one of the
most precious, most beautiful, and most holy of all possible images
of woman." ~ Christopher West