From:
Sue Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:58:58 -0500
>To choke on food it has to obstruct the airway -- in TIGHT much beyond
>the mouth

It was cought in the air way it was in the back roof of his mouth and
he couldnt breath and im sure he tryed to get it out on his own while
choking I wasnt home when it happened so I dont know. Maybe you can try
and put something in the back roof of your mouth going into your throat
and see if it blocks your air way.. And besides I used tweasers to get
it out cause I thought it was a piace of rubber at first I dont know
cause he was gone for awhile befor I got home so I dont know, but I did
get it out and it was a 8 in 1 kibble is why I think that caused his
death he was a healthy ferret he was 4 yrs

>... TIGHT much beyond the mouth. If you can pull if out of the mouth
>then it was NOT in a location where it could cause an obstruction.

Well I dont know cause im not a vet and it was late last night when I
got home and it was to late all I know is I feel like crap right now
and do blame myself for him being gone im just crushed by this. And it
could be any big kibble that can do this to a ferret so I dont know..
Please dont make me feel any worse then I already do ...

And to the people that have send me privet emails with condolences of
bender thank you cause he was such a sweet boy and I hated for this
to happen to him much less any other ferret if its happeed to in the
pass..

Susan
Arkansas Ferret Rescue