Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 21:56:38 -0700
Hi,

I have a male Ferret that is 1year 1/2 old.  About 2 months ago His mate
Sweetie and himself started with throwing up and green bm's.  I took
both of them to the vet right away.  They both where put on amocillin.
Sweetie got better right away.

Bear the male did notget that much better.  This has gone on and on.
After xrays and every test there is to the tune of 4,000.00 Bear is still
not well.  He has been on duck soup for about 2 months and every time he
gets into hard food he throw's up and the green bm,s all over again.  The
duck soup I have been giving him is turkey and rice,sweet potatoes, pears
and chicken and bananas.  He was gaining weight and eat every 3 hours
very well, then he got some hard food his mate stached in her hammock.
Now he is sick again.  He grines his teeth with I know is a sign of pain.
I took him back to the vet and they tried to draw blood on him and
stressed him out so bad he threw up for days, and never got any blood
from him.

I have been to 3 differnt vets.  The last time they gave me some
antibiotic called baxin and prednisolne liquid.  He could not tolerate
either of these drugs, Also he is on Carafate 3 times a day.  He eat's
very good and I hand feed him, but he grins his teeth more and more after
he eats.  I was told that he could not live on duck soup, and he will die
if his diet does not change.  I got some cat food brand name wellness and
mixed it in with his duck soup.  He would not eat the cat food without
the duck soup.  I also give him Nutri-cal and Ferretvite.

Can anyone tell me how long a Ferret can live on Duck Soup?  The vets
though he had a blockage but the xrays did not confirm that.  The vets
wanted to do surgery righ away and I said no .  They put him on IV
antibotics over nigt in the hospital and did great.  But no vets can
tell me what to do with Bear or how to make him better.  One vet asked
if we wanted to put him to sleep.

There has to be someonthing I can do to get him well again.  I love him
so much and he sleeps in my water bed with me everynight because I think
the heat in the bed feels good to him.  Could anyone please tell me what
to get or how to do something to make him better.  I would appricate
anything anyone can tell me so I can go to the vets with anything.

Thank You for your time in this matter... Please reply to my email
address below.  Thanks again if you could help me in anyway with this
problem..

Michael