From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 06:59:51 -0700
Hello Everyone,

*sigh* Well, as some of you may have noticed, the August contest is still
not up yet.  Call me lazy, or busy or something.  Pushing it back to
September.  Just got too many eggs and not enough baskets.  In the
meantime, I have been brainstorming for ways to increase traffic to the
sight AND raise money for the shelters who participate in the network.  I
think I came up with a rather good one.  Please tell me what you all think.
More than once I have seen people who have done memorials for pets who have
passed to the bridge.  (I myself have a memorial page for my dear Booboo.)
More than once I have seen how popular these are, and I know that some of
these memorials have been purchased, or that one of you has done it for
another, etc.  What about those darlings who are lost and never recovered.
Surely the empty place in our hearts is just as empty as when a fuzzy goes
to the bridge.  Only when they are lost, we have a ray of hope that they
may have lived, and are happy with another family.  But we also don't get
to say goodbye.  So, I have written a poem, and have come up with some
ideas for Lost Ferret Memorials.  Items like a small double picture frame
with the poem on one side, and either space for a photo or a memorial
"plaque" on the other, gold-filled or sterling name charms, (custom
hand-made by me,) and other items.  As with everything else on the Lost
Ferret site, this is designed to benefit the shelters.  So, all profit from
these items will be donated to the shelters on an appearant need basis.
Please visit www.geocities.com/lostferrets to read the poem and make
suggestions on other memorial items or prices, etc.  Also, anyone who is
willing to give me advice on donation tax laws, etc.  please email me.
Also, while you are at the site, we have added another little foundling,
in London, On.  Please read the ads.  Thanks everyone!!

=====
Melissa
www.geocities.com/lostferrets