From:
Sharon Pease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:39:35 EST
First;
Midwest cage bases with the channels are a nightmare to keep clean.  I
have three Midwest single story cages and one condo.  Here's what I do;
Remove the top wire cage and drape a large piece of fabric over the base
(l use large towels or full sized flat sheets cut in half then folded and
stitched).  Set the cage back on top.  The weight of the cage will keep it
in place.  Then toss in more bedding.  When it's time to clean, just make
sure the ferrets haven't pulled the edges through the bars, lift off the
wire top and fold up the fabric (with other bedding inside) to trap the
loose litter and food.  You'll have a nice neat bundle of laundry, just
take it wherever you do and shake it out before washing.

Lifting off the tops of every cage, every week, may seem like more work but
I find it's easier than vacuuming and scrubbing the channels of every cage
every week.

Second;
I have a poem and I'm not sure who the author is.  I think I must have
gotten it here, from the FML, but I'm not sure.  The title is:
"TO A Fuzzie Gone.."
If you are the author, or know who the author is, please contact me.

SP

Moderator's note: That poem appeared in issue 2415 and was written by
David Caudill.  BIGŁ