From:
Lynn Toole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2010 07:40:07 -0500
First, there is indeed a generic form of lupron depot. I have seen it
online through the Canadian pharmacys. It is much cheaper than the non
generic form (about half the cost). With an average of 15 ferrets on
lupron a month I decided to give it a try. (I am not a shelter, just
take in the older and ill of health. I do not get funding from others,
just my online store to help support the ferrets). It shipped from
Barbados(sp). I have been using lupron (non generic) for years and
never had as many problems as I did the the generic stuff! It would not
mix properly, would not draw up into the syringes, and if I were to
actually get it into the syringe it would not plunge. I took it to my
friend, a local head pharmacist, and she took one look at it and said
"This has not been stored properly in the warehouse and was defective.
Probably a humidity control snafu and it got moisture in it. That is
why it is "chunky" (which would explain why it wouldn't draw into
those tiny insulin syringes)."

The pharmacy did replace it, and the replacement was a generic. I had
no problems with the generic, but the dose was given about 3 weeks late
and it was like we were starting over again. So, ordering a generic is
a matter of preference. From now on, if I can afford it, I will order
the non-generic.

And, Thank you Paul, for bringing a smile to my face. Just loved your
post yesterday!

LynnT
TheHideyHole.Com