From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 23:57:57 -0400
>My Plunkett, he is a 14 week old Marshall Farm baby.  He makes the cutest
>hissing noises when he plays, but sometimes when he gets over excited, he
>makes little gagging sounds.  Ysterday, while we were playing, he threw up.
>Not very much, and when I looked through the cage and all the areas the
>ferrets play in, there wasn't vomit anywhere else.  He hasn't been sick
>again since, but I am going to run him by my vet anyway.  I was just
>wondering if they are like us in the regards that sometimes we just need
>to vomit to get something out of our system, or if there is something I
>should worry about.  Any advice would be very welcome.

I have seen this in a number of babies - including personal ferrets - and
they have all outgrown it by the time they were five or six months old.  I
suspect he is getting himself just too worked up.  However, in all of these
kits, I have done exams to rule out anything caught in their mouths, etc or
anything else going on.  Do take him in and get him checked as you
indicated you are going to do.

Dr. Ruth
Save lives - spay or neuter your pet.