From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 00:08:42 -0400
Hi everyone and everyfuzz,

I just wanted to share a *positive* vet visit story, as those are so
few and far between. I took Eddie in for his annual exam, and had
mentioned when I made the appointment that I was a little concerned
about his belly. It's been feeling not exactly hard, but maybe tense?
Of course I'm thinking spleen, maybe some kind of tumor though it
didn't feel like a lump-- all kinds of things. He hadn't been to a
vet in a good while, so who knows!

Turns out he is amazingly healthy. The taut belly? Muscle. He weighs
over 3 pounds and it is sheer muscle. I'm just so used to comparing
him to Asa and Vally, the Squishy Marshmallow Belly Brothers, I forgot
lack of squish is healthy-- I still think of him as the "small one"!
Everyone who saw him remarked on how big and handsome he is-- the
Diesel Weasel! Must be all those reps climbing up and down the cage and
pulling down the gate. My little tank. His biggest problems are tartar
and a couple of scabs from wrestling his brothers. Keeping an eye out
for early adrenal signs because of his age, but so far so good.

So I just wanted to share! My heart goes out to anyone with sick
babies-- believe me, I've been there plenty. Like I said, just wanted
to tell a nice checkup story. Also, Eddie would like everyone to know
that he is VERY handsome. Modest, too.

Love,

Rachel, Asa, Valentine, and Eddie, who are ALL handsome!

P.S. PBS re-ran "Ferrets: Pursuit of Excellence" tonight, saw it all
the way through for the first time with Vally on my lap the whole hour!