From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 15:12:09 -0500
Multiple ferret friendly states require licencing.  It's a way to keep track
of the pet status, to know who to inform when rabies situations get bad, who
to inform when there's an important development (like new vaccines), and a
way to have more power over abusive breeders so they can be shut down.
(Hey, I'm in N.J.  and we have a good amount of rabies, but our state also
implemented the '98 Compendium the day after the conference and that's very
good.  It also has a history of going after bad pet stores or bad breeders
who are reported in writing.) How many states licence dogs?  Come on, E.,
you're rattling the bushes again... are you THAT bored?  <G>