From:
Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:05:29 EDT
I've noticed several shelters are selling items via auction on ebay and
yahoo.  One such shelter is Kista in Jersey.  For those who are not in the
area or not familar with Kim, she runs a two branch shelter and is an
absolute sweetheart, as many shelter operators are!!  To help with shelter
costs, Kim usually has items on ebay for sale, many ferret related.

I am a single mom with 4 fuzzies of my own to support, but want to help the
shelter.  I am in the process of moving and as I cleaned out closets, I had
a pile of clothes that needed to go and several items that could be sold.
I pulled out tee shirts, sweats and jeans that could be used at the shelter
and offered to Kim several items that could be auctioned off.  The items I
have donated include several items from Avon's original hummingbird crystal
collection and a porcelain ducklings figurine from Home Interiors dated
1982.  No single item is tremendously valuable, but each item has a value
of approximately $25, so if all auctions go well, there is a 'donation' of
around $100, yet no cost out of pocket.  These items have been in storage
for years and I'm sure many people clean out basement and attics around
this time of year.  Consider this as a possibility for helping out your
local shelter or any shelter that is willing to list items for auction
online.

To make life even simplier for Kim, I told her to list the item and I will
ship it from my home so she does not need to be bothered with packaging and
shipment.  My daughter and I will also be taking a trip to visit Kim to
drop off the clothes and a bag of ferret food, another easy donation!!  And
who knows, we may be coming home with a new fuzz, the ultimate support for
a shelter!!

Just some thoughts and suggestions for everyone wanting to support their
local shelter but maybe not having a lot of time or money.

Hugs to everyone,

Jen and gang