From:
Leslie Kauffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 12:29:16 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I wasn't going to post, but I feel so guilty that I was hoping someone
could offer me some advice.

A month ago, my husband left me for another woman.  He used to let the
ferrets out for playtime during the day and then I would let them out again
when I got home from work.  So, I'm startng to feel really guilty because
they're not getting as much attention and playtime as they used to.  After
2 hours they usually retreat to their hammys for naptime.  So they're now
pretty much only getting 2 hours of platytime a day and sometimes I can't
let them out at all.  (I work in the music industry and it's part of my job
to go and see bands at night)  I would LOVE to have them be free roam, but
I would worry about their safety when I wasn't around to rescue them.

I feel like they're being abused and neglected because of this and I've
been trying to decide if I should find them a new home where they would get
the attention that they need / deserve.  I don't want to give them up,
they're all I have, but I don't want to keep them and have them be unhappy
just because I'm being selfish.  I love them with all my heart and would
really, really miss their fuzzy little faces.  They've also helped me deal
with everything that's going on right now.

A little backround on my guys: I have two ferrets, Bean who is a sable
female (super flying ferret) and Daggett (lick, lick, chomp fat boy) who
is a cinnamon (I think) male.  They are 1 1/2 years old and have lived with
us since they were 8 weeks old.  They do have a Midwest cage that I have
modified so there are 3 floors and lots of hammocks, blankies and toys in
there.

So I'm asking you what you think because I've always admired the compassion
of the people on this list.  And please - no flames, I feel crappy enough
about myself as it is.

Thanks,
Leslie, Bean and Daggett