From:
Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 1996 15:08:55 -0700
Finally, a lawsuit against the California Department of Fish & Game!  And
from a totally unexpected source (at least in my mind) -- Marshall Farms.  I
think we're going to see much faster progress now.  We have not only CDFA
and Californians for Ferret Legalization and Assembly member Jan Goldsmith
and organizers Jeanne Carley and her dad and California veterinarians and
ferret rescuers lined up against F&G, but commercial interests and some
legal muscle as well.  I believe this is the domino that will set them all
to toppling.

As for boycotting California produce -- ferrets everywhere will probably
take me to court for saying this (vicious slander!) -- most of the raisins
we buy come from the Golden State.  OK, OK, I was just kidding!

                Linda