From:
Karen Castro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 01:46:31 -0500
I would like to introduce the newest member of my zoo family, Tasha.  She
will be 7 weeks old on Saturday.  To make a very long story short, I got her
from a local breeder by accident.  I had put a deposit down on a female dark
shetland mix but they goofed and sold all the girls from that litter.  The
only little girl they had left was a BEW; imagine my incredible luck and
surprise because this is what I wanted all along but they didn't have any.
They let me have her for $100 instead of $150 because they screwed up.  She
is just so adorable, and Petey and Disco love her.  She hasn't gotten all of
her teeth in yet so I'm mixing her food with water.  I've never seen a BEW
except in books, so I have a few questions:
1. In normal light her eyes look black but in the sun they are actually a
really dark red, is this common?
2. She has a little grey on her tail, will this go away as she gets older
and is this also common for BEW?  Her mom was a shetland mix and her dad was
a silver mitt.  It's interesting that she came out white.
3. Since she is cutting teeth, the breeder said she was 'stressing'.  The
area around her anus appears red and slightly swollen but she said it would
go away when she started eating 'hard' food.  Has anyone heard of this and
when should I be concerned?

Many happy dooks,

Karen
Petey (I'm still the king of the ferrets, Tasha, so watch it or I'll step on
you)
Disco ( alright, lets team up against Pete and kick his butt !)
Tasha (I THINK I know where my poops are supposed to go.......)