Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 12:58:06 -0800
Bobbi McCanse  -
>They don't keep records of who buys their animals so they certainly
>couldn't do any notifiying.

I frequent the Petco in my area (Independence, Missouri) and I have bought
animals from there, including; 1 ferret, 2 hamsters, and 1 guinea pig.  and
each time I bought a pet, I had to fill out paper work.  I had to put my
name, address, phone number and ss# in thier records even when I bought
the hamsters, so I would HAVE to disagree when you said they don't keep
records.  This was about a month and a half ago, so it is recent.

The Independence store is allways clean the ferrets are usually active,
they have toys and full food and water dishes and a clean cage filled with
litter pellets.  Thier cages are allways locked and the Sales person in
that area stands there while you handle the animals.

so I wouldn't go flaming all the stores for ONE stores mistake.

Chrissy

[Moderator's note: I can't resist: It would be a cold day in hell before I
would give Petco my ss#.  BIG]