From:
Danielle Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:10:13 +1100
I just wanted to let everyone one out there know just how much my little
Ollie means to me!

This is my ferret Ollie.  His full name is Oliver 'Ollie' Twist - as he
is know as "the ferret who always wants more!"  Ollie is a 6 month old
brown sable.  Not the you could really call him brown, as his hair is
closer to black then brown.

Ollie is a light in my life.  After a horrible break-up and problems with
people who I thought were friends I was spending a lot of time at home by
myself.  I wanted to get a kitten or puppy to keep me company, but the
real estate agent didn't agree.  A friend suggested to my that I get a
ferret, as they can be keep in a cage during the day when no-one's home
and they don't need a backyard.  (I don't have a backyard and this was
the main reason the real estate said no to puppies and kittens).  After
picking up and throughly reading through 5 or 6 ferret books, (and
getting the real estate's premission) we went looking for my new buddie's
house.

Two hours later I had a complete set-up: cage, food dish, water bottle,
toys, food, shampoo, pipes for him to run through.  Now it was time for
the ferret!!!

A breeder on the other side of town was selling 9 week old brown sable
kits for only $50!!  We made an appointment to go round and see them that
afternoon.  When we turned up, we were shown to a large cage at the back
of the breeders background.  Inside was teaming with all these little
(and I do mean little - they were just so tiny) fuzz balls, running this
and that and all over each other.

The breeder took the top of the cage off and all the kits stopped what
they were doing and looked up.  Right at the back standing on his two
little back legs was the cutest little fuzz butt.  His markings were
darker then the rest and he was just that little bit smaller too!!  As
I lent down to have a closer look, the little kit at the back who had
already caught my eye, did something to convince me he was the one to go.

With a step up onto a cage mate back he was level with the top of the
cage.  With great skill he managed to balance on the back edge of the
cage, he coiled all his muscles up and JUMPED!!!  Right on top of all the
other kits.  A second later he was back up there trying again.  That was
when I decided he was coming home with me.  He had so much engery and was
willing to try and try again - against all odds - just like his mummy.

From that day on, everyday is filled with laughter when I'm at home.  I
think Ollie's aim in life is to cheer me up and he is always thinking of
new and exciting ways to do it.

Even though I've only had Ollie for 4 months I don't know what I would
do without him.  Plastic bags, shoes, socks, shower caps, coke bottle.
A new tiwist is put on everything once Ollie gets his paws onto it!!!

Ollie I love you with all my heart & thank the ferret gods everyday for
bringing you to me!!!

If you would like to see Ollie, e-mail me and I will forward photos!

Danielle Dixon
Office Manager

J.S.McMillan Printing Group
Ph: 02) 6230 6200