From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 20:28:42 -0500
I used to read every word of the FML.  I wasn't one of those that skipped
through and just picked out certain things to read.  I read every word.
I laughed.  I cried.  And I learned.  Whenever I saw someone who was
suffering through an illness, an emergency surgery, or the death of a
ferret, I would always try to write just a couple of lines offering my
support and prayers.  It wasn't much, but I thought maybe a few words of
comfort from someone miles and miles away might help.  When my Tyson got
sick last week and had to have emergency surgery, I found out just how
important those words of support are!  You guys are amazing!  This was my
first surgical experience with a ferret and I was overcome with the feeling
of complete and total helplessness!  He's not even a year old-I am not
ready to lose him!  The support, advice and prayers we received were
incredible and helped to ease the uncertainy of the situation.  To everyone
who sent messages, either directly to me or though one of the best ferret
Mom's out there-Rebecca McFarlane-I thank you!  You will never know how
much it helped.  Tyson is much stronger-eating and drinking on his own-and
(yippee!!)pooping!!!  Bloodwork is still not in, but we're trying not to
worry about that and just be thankful that he is gaining his strength back.
He attemped a wardance this afternoon-about one and a half hops was
enough-but hey-that shows he's feeling better and getting some of his spunk
back!

To Rebecca, Kat and Bunny: to know you were a phone call away if I needed
you was an incredible feeling.  To Pat and and her fuzzy crew for the
wonderful letter they wrote to Tyson.  From my heart-THANK YOU!  To those
who sent messages-to me or others going through a hardship with a beloved
ferret: if you ever wonder if the messages make a difference-they do!
BELIEVE ME!!  THEY DO!!  Thank you!

Judy Cooke
Tyson and Einstein