Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 16:38:30 -0400
All this talk about getting a rash from ferrets, and I thought I was the
only one.

Here's my story:
For 3 1/2 years I have owned or roomed with 6 ferrets and been exposed to
many more.  I have never experianced any type of allergy.  After I had my
Claudia for about a month, I would get a horrible ichy ichy all over my neck
and face when I would pick up either of my ferrets.  I thought I had
developed some kind of allergy.  Then I noticed that this reaction wouldn't
happen for about a day after a bath.

To make a long story short, my Claudia is a pack-rat of the worst kind.  She
had managed to make a wonderful hidey-hole inside of our couch.  One day I
decided to investigate.  I found *five* half loaves of french bread.  My SO
and I have french bread for almost every meal.  I'm not a nasty person
really.  I don't leave food laying about, honestly I don't.  I suppose
Claudia is a bit more crafty than we thought!

Anyway, the nasty, moldy couch is on it's way to the dumpster.  It would
appear that I am allergic to mold, not varmits.  :) :) :)

Bido

Claudia "Don't take that away! I'll starve!!!"