From:
"Megan O'Shaughnessy, D.C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:45:43 -0800
I am considering buying one of the BIG bags of TF.  Can anyone tell me
their experience with it (or for that matter, other foods) going stale?
With only 5 ferrets and feeding it mixed with Iams and with other food
supplements, a big bag would last me a fairly long time.

I've been buying smaller bags of TF and of Iams' kitten so far so that it
will stay reasonably fresh.  I don't have space in the freezer to freeze
it.  I've thought about putting it in airtight plastic containers, but
quite frankly even *I* can smell the outgassing chemicals in tupperware
type stuff and I really don't want them eating food stored in it.  (For my
own food storage I usually use ceramic, or else very hard plastic that's
been washed a zillion times and aired.)

Just curious if anyone else has addressed this, or if it's worth it to me
to be concerned about it.  It's just that if I'm going to lay out $65-$75
for a big bag of TF, I want to make sure that I'll be able to use ALL of
it, not just the first third or half of the bag!  :-)

Megan