From:
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 09:13:29 -0700
>From:    alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Heartworms, Miami Vets, and of course, MF: The beat goes on....
>Subject: ****THE GREAT MF BOOKLET**** as promised

This is getting tiresome.  You've about convinced me of the virtues of
Marshall Farms rather than any evil.  Why hasn't Marshall Farms sued you?
Must not be as evil as the claims...

>As for your "challenge", the MF ferrets down here with ALL the papers and
>coupons go for only $99.  So thanks for proving my point that an extra 10
>or 15 bucks ain't gonna kill the business.

You're trying a technique you picked up from us.  We're flattered.  But you
missed.  No point was proven.  Typically the price of ferrets in any given
area depends upon the competition in that area.  There are several outlets
in your area selling ferrets.  The place that sells them for more will lose
sales to the place that sells them for less.  If Marshall Farms has to
increase their prices than that would translate into increased prices at the
retail level opening a larger door for the competitors of Marshall Farms to
steal sales from Marshall Farms at the wholesale level.  How does one of
your points?  Wholesale price was still about $70 last we'd heard for
Marshall ferrets.  You now stores that can operate on about $30 markup.  In
smaller towns where there is less competition and less sales a store will
have to mark up their prices more to remain profitable.  Simple economics.
Economics is a factor in every part of our lives.

Okay.  Enough of the changing definitions of words (open door) and snide
nasty comments about Pete Reid.

One has to suspect the vast majority here are quite tired of the ridicule
and snideness.  Melissa and many others have written and shown that they are
actually trying to do something and are trying to propose either ways to
figure out what is wrong or solutions to known problems.

>Historically, talk is cheap and companies and corporations know this VERY
>well.  We are working on this.

Who is "we"?

>I sincerely hope MF corrects these deficits and I for one am very willing
>to work WITH them.  However, "chatty" does nothing for me.  Substance does
 [and]
>So when I think about all the *talking* some boast of, I wonder the
>efficacy when such an easy matter could be much improved, but instead has
>been ignored.  Here's to chatting....and irresponsibility.

Could you PLEASE explain without rudeness and snideness and with actual
concrete information exactly what have you personally have done?  You manage
to insult everybody but you have actually proposed and done nothing that can
be discerned.  You do use some "big words" but the meaning of the assembled
sentances is elusive.  "I wonder the efficacy" - huh?  No, its not the
meanings of the words I have trouble with but rather the use of these words.
We can use big words too.  We however use what we consider the correct word
because ts meaning is best suited for the sentance.

What exactly is this easy matter?
What exactly can be done to improve it?
How can this be implemented?

bill and diane killian