Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 23:02:14 EDT
1. I called Norm from GCFA in Illinois today.  He said he was not aware of
a single call from anyone on the Internet.  If you have called to offer a
donation or take one of the shelter ferrets or called to volunteer, Norm is
unaware of it.  He is the guy who needs to know what is going on.  So
please call and ask for him at 1-708-442-8650.  If you already did call and
no one has helped you-call Norm and let him know.  These ferrets need our
help and support.  And Norm should know if we are calling and our offers to
help are falling through the cracks.

2. Norm-who reminds me of Gandolf the wizard in his deep knowledge and
heart of gold-will be at the Greatest Ferret Show On Earth in Oct.  For
those of you going-please make a point of meeting him and his wife Mary.
I feel that they radiate Pure goodness and inner beauty.  No kidding
whatsoever.  Very rare.  They probably have a wonderful aura.  Many of the
really sick guys go home with these two.  They basically run the shelter.
They are two people with passion, compassion, and gentle kindness in every
cell of their bodies.  You have got to check this out.  See for yourself.
I don't think I ever saw anyone or anything like them before in all of my
life.

3. Norm says that there are about 50  ferrets to foster, and he will pay
for medical bills if you bring ferret to shelter when it gets sick and
needs to see vet.  Great chance to feel really good about yourself and
give a curious but sad and lonely little guy or gal a home badly needed.

Baby kisses
Lisette