From:
Teresa Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:02:06 EDT
First, I just want to tell everyone that has lost their precious fuzzy to
accident, loss, or illness, that my thoughts and prayers are with ALL of
you.  I lost my fuzzy to adrenal cancer 6 weeks ago and reading many of
your posts often makes me cry for both your pain and loss as well as my own.

There is an excellent book for helping deal with grief.  My desk has eaten
it (it will eventually surface--I think) but the title is "Pet Loss."
I have found it very helpful, especially the sections on dealing with
"non-animal people" that try to help by saying things like, "I don't
understand, it's just an animal.  It's not like it was a person." Love is
a precious commodity--regardless of its source.  Enough said, please stand
by while I'm climbing down off of my very high soap box.

Now, here's my litter question and I would really like to know what
people think.  I will be getting a new fuzzy baby soon and we are getting
everything ready.  There is a new litter product on the market called
"Crystal Clear Litter Pearls." It claims to have superior absorption and
odor control.  It is made from silica gel and claims to be nontoxic, even
if ingested.  It claims to be biologically inert and hence, I am assuming
it is probably non-biodegradable.  What do you guys think--ferret safe or
not?

Teresa