From:
Barbkitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 1995 10:12:54 -0500
It's really cool to here stories about other people and thier pets that I
can relate to!  Someone wrote about thier ferret (Snookie, I remember the
fuzzie's name, but not the owner!), running up and down stairs.  Well, our
new apartment (not where he got in the wall) has stairs and Seymour *loves*
them!  He can go both up and down the stairs faster than I can.  And, yes,
both my husband and I have injured ourselves, though not as severely,
playing on them!  (But then we're both blonde, too!) Don't they look just
like furry little slinky when they come charging down?

Ya know, my little Seymour seems to have the worst luck with laundry
baskets.  The other day, my husband put him ander the basket, thinkin' he'd
be smart enough to get out from under it.  Instead of picking it up a
little and crawling out, he tried to fit through one of the holes.  He
stuck his head thru, but couldn't get his body thru, so he backed up under
the basket again.  He examined the situation, and tried the same thing
again, but this time he shoved himself thru harder, and got stuck!  I
didn't know what to do!  I couldn't push him back in or pull him out by his
head (no, I didn't try)and I couldn't turn over the basket or he'd be
dangling from the hole by his neck.  I went to look for a pair of scissors
so I could snip the plastic around the hole and get him loose.  But his
worminess finally saved him from the evil jaws of the laundry basket.  We
felt bad for putting him under there, but who woulda thunk it?  We weren;t
trying to be mean.  Another laundry basket incident happened when Seymour
was playing with his best friend, Nala, the neighbor's cat.  They were
tearing thru the house playing chase and Nala jumped into a laundry basket
and Seymour tried to follow.  Well, he didn't quite make the jump, and he
landed draped over the side of the basket!  He kept twitching his little
legs but couldn't push himself off.  He looked so funny!  Meanwhile, Nala
was laying on the floor staring at him and gloating over her *victory*.  I
got up and helped Seymour get down, and boy, did Nala get it then!!!