From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2010 21:06:21 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was crocheting toys for
de kits at the village. She often did that when she wasn't too busy.
She wasn't the best one to do this: there were others who were much
much better, but she wanted to do her part. She had a nice little
stack. A nice gentle breeze was blowing through the trees and she
sighed contentedly. But all of a sudden she heard the whirr of little
wings and she looked up to see OH NO! He made a landing right in her
lap. Who should be there looking up at her but Dexter, the little boy
courier, with a note in his paw. He said,

"Uh, SawaFewwet, I meant to land beside you, not on you. But I has a
message from the Boss that a fewwet is cwossing the Bwidge and this
fewwet is bwing dwagons with her. And you know what dwagons do; they
bweathe fire and they will burn the bwidge down. So you best gets wight
over there before that happens. Do you want me to go get her friends?"

He handed me the note and I read through it and then I told him,
"Dexter, these dragons are gentle and they won't burn the bridge down
and I believe that her friends have already been notified by someone,
so you just run on back to the courier cottage and thank you for the
note."

He looked at me really puzzled because this was the first time I had
thanked him. I just decided that maybe really being super-polite was
the best way to deal with him. Then he flew off. And I headed for the
entrance. I was just in time to see a lovely girl fuzzy crossing the
Bridge accompanied by Grale, Naelyan, and Sairys who were three very
large dragons. I had seen them before so I wasn't one bit scared. I
waved at them and told them I could take care of her from this point
on and then they flew off without breathing a bit of fire, for I knew
they were very gentle creatures. I quickly introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will run on green grass forever and have lotsa
friends. Did I mention de fun and games?"

She replied, "Oh the dragons told me who you were. And for me not to be
afraid. My name is Badger, but you can just call me Badgy like my Mom
Liz and Dad Mike called me. Do you know them; oh how silly of me; of
course you know them; you know everything. The dragons said that you
do. Mom was so good to me as I was in a bad way when she found me and
took me in. I have lived a good life with her, but then I got a bad
something growing on me and I went to sleep in her arms and then the
dragons brought me here. They said my friends would be here; where are
they? Are you going to be my friend then? If so, we can be very good
friends as I am a likable sort. Where am I going to live; with you?
Is your place nice, maybe under a tree?"

Finally I got a word in edgewise, "Badgy, I have heard so much about
your Mom and I bet she was good to you as most mommys are. You will
see your friends later and you will live with them. My place is very
very small. I have two kits living with me and trust me, I don't think
you would care to move into such a small place. But I have a surprise
for you. Do you see my wings? You are gonna get your very own pair
specially designed for you. They are so great for flying about de
heavens--sure beats hopping from cloud to cloud. Unfortunately you
can't fly back to earth. So if you will follow me."

Off we went down de garden path to de Wing House where de wings were
stored. But at de door, we met Addy, Numbi, and Merlin, her friends.
She was overjoyed and they all danced together. After they calmed down,
Merlin opened de door and we all crowded in and we saw on de counter a
big box marked Badger. She opened de box and took out de wings--orangey
shimmering with sparkling edges. (not quite gold as they were reserved
for the big archangels and after all we were not THEM). Numbi helped
her with her wings and Addy adjusted her halo (of course all halos are
gold). Then she ran to the big vanity mirror and she gazed at her
beautiful reflection. She turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Mom and
Dad could see me now." Den I gots an idea.

So we left there and went down de path to de Misting Pond. We sat down
beside de cool clear water and with one swish we saw a vision of Mom
Liz and Dad Mike appear. Badger got so excited she started waving and
dooking with all of her might.

"I love you so much. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for rescuing
me. I got here safely. My friends are all here. And I have the
prettiest wings and soon I will be flying about the heavens. Oh yeah,
I feel ever so much better."

Then she began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with all of her
love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which was headed to your
house and by de time you should read dis it should have landed dere.

So we left there and went down de road until we saw a big banner hung
to a tree "Welcome to the Bridge, Badgy". We made a turn and there it
was a large group of cottages, and Merlin proudly pointed out their
cottage with a beautiful sign "Merlins Circle" of course with a NZ
flag flying above. I could see a large group of fuzzies running around
carrying platters of food--where there is that much food--there is a
party. Of course there was music a-playing and we made a beeline for
the noise. Badger was properly welcomed into the Clan and she was
amazed at the food--chocolate ice cream, iced cold pepsis, sweet iced
tea, squirt cheese and crackers, all sorts of yummy things that fuzzies
are forbidden on earth. I was invited to stay and my kits, Serena and
Isabel, mysteriously turned up out of nowhere, so I knew I had no
reason to dash for home. Everyone started dancing and the kits were
visiting with the others. The food was good too. Badger sure looked
happy and she whispered to me, "I am so happy that I found my friends."
I thought to myself, that it was great that she was so pleased with her
new forever home.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret, bridgegreeter