From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2012 00:31:58 -0500
Hey All,
As if this evening, the last evening of my sweet Holly-bear's life,
could get any more heartwrenching... it did.

Earlier this evening, I let Buddy and Ruby play out in the living room
for a long time. I was going to let them fall asleep there this time
because they deserved a long living room fix, and I knew I could find
them in the living room because it would be the only room they'd be in.
THAT is until the door to our bedroom, right off the kitchen was opened
when Benny got home from work. I didn't notice that Ruby had slipped
thru. When it came time to round them up, I forund Buddy right away,
but coul not find Ruby anywhere. I lifted the couches forward to see if
she was there, no (yes, i said i lifted them, and that was before panic
stepped in) (even though i knew one of the couches was imposible for
ferrets to get) under. SO, i openmed the door to my bedroom to search
under my bed. That's when i noticed that the door to my bathroom,
walking in closet, and door to the laundry room were all open. I tore
the closet apart. I begged Benny, please tell me there are no holes to
the outside. He showed me where there WAS a hole to the crawl space.
Then he show me eviddence that she had been there, a nice pretzeled
poop. Benny told me she could not get to the outside frome the crawl
space but still i yelled, what if she digs out!! THEN i paniced! I
called and called and called her name. I put a bowl of steaming gravy
by the hole thinking the smell would intice her. I left the room to go
get a flash light and returned to find the DOG enjoying the last of the
gravy (and I only had a litttle more left cuz it was time to do gravy)
I sat there bawling like a fool, please come back, Ruby. I banged on
the sheeet rock, i shined the light in the hole all to no avail. THEN,
after I had dropped to my knees and prayed as hard as I could (actually
I begged God to let me have her back) A WHISKER!!!!!!!!! I SAW HER!! I
tried to reach in and get there but the space was too small. I had her
go around to the othr side of the pipe and began to gently pull her
out. It was like birthing a baby!. FINALLY!!! I had her in my arms
again!! I kissed that girl like she had never been kissed before. She
was soaking wet from all my tears, now tears of joy! Ruby does NOT like
to be held but she stayed in my arms for five minutes before she
squirmed to get down. 1 1/2 hrs after I discovered her missing, my
little rambunctious angel was back in my arms, THANK YOU GOD!!! OH, but
then, and of coarse there has to be a "but then". Anybody who knows me
knows i h ave ahorrible back and now it wa spasming like crazy. I
didn't care though, I had my Ruby back. Could you imagine losing my
Holly and my Ruby at the same time?. Oh what that would have done to
Buddy who I am STILL not sure he's eating kibble(hasn't been for over a
week, I'm working on it, but if he dowsn't start soon, i'm taking him
in to the vet. And oh what that would have done to my heart. PLEASE
forgive typos muscle relaxer is kickin in.

NOW, to go do what i had intended to do. Gather up Holly, get comfy on
the couch with her(safely in the "C" i make with my body so she can't
get away without me knowing)and enjoy our last night together, cuddled
up and close as we can be. Then later I will return her to her bed,
with Buddy and Ruby, so they can have thier time together.

THANK YOU GOD for showing Ruby the way out of thecrawl space. I knew
you heard my prayers cuz i'm sure they could be heard clear up to the
moon!

Go kiss your babies.

Sue