From:
Dayna Frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 1996 21:35:22 EDT
Hi Everybody...

I have a dilemma [definition found in Websters /Dictionary : any situation
in which one must choose between unpleasant alternatives] and this post is
the alternative I have chosen.

First however, ... I want it clear..  this is not a flame, judgement on
anyone, condemnation of anyone, accusation of anyone etc.etc.etc.... I do
not intend to insult, offend, or antagonise any one... OK..  now that I have
gotten that said..  perhaps it will head off any 'clarifications,
misinterpretations, or personal affronts', I have an unpleasant topic to
address and some help to plead for...

Halloween is fast approaching... And with it will come a sharp increase in
cult activity... and with that increase in activity [there is a 'High
Holiday' with in the Satanic cult religion that is linked with cement to
Halloween/or/ All Hallows Eve] ..  so the various groups [common term is
covens] will be holding 'services' filled with complex ritual and in far
greater numbers than is normally predictable...

What has all that got to do with fuzzys???  [this is the point to scroll
past this post if you have no stomic for the evil of which humans are
capable... I still don't handle it well and I have been dealing with it for
years] These 'religious observances' involve animal sacrifice and all sorts
of nastiness that falls just short of being deadly to the animals involved..
Of all the species used in these 'rites' fuzzys are in the minority..  cats
are the first choice, then farm animals and only for the most important and
elaborate of the 'services' are ferrets the central attraction..  We all
know the ferret is a domestic pet that is sweet tempered and fun loving..
but the cults lean heavily on the propaganda that tells of viciousness,
aggressive attack behaviour, unpredictability, fiendish cleverness,
destructiveness, and their famous 'baby eating' obsessions... as such they
are considered 'of like mind and spirit' with the cultists..

Now before the 'knee jerk' reaction of 'You have to be kidding'..  or 'What
a lot of garbage, no body does that stuff'..  or 'That's just movie fantasy
stuff'..  or any number of other denials derails reality, I will give you
one small item of fact that will clearly demonstrate just how serious this
problem is..

A very quiet memo was passed around to all animal shelters a number of years
ago..  it was to inform all shelters of a ruling made by the decision making
upper executive staff of the animal regulation/shelter agency.  This ruling
had the force of law and is still in place today..  It was short and simple,
but when one looked into the reason for its existence in the first place,
the numbers and history involved were pretty scary reading... The 'order' to
all shelters was..  'No one, for any reason, may adopt a black cat from any
animal regulation/control facility after Sept.  30 nor before Nov.  5'.  'No
Exceptions!' [I paraphrase the legalese but the substance is accurate]
Copies of this short memo were sent to all public and private shelters as
well with an added note requesting they also refuse any such adoptions..
This memo was the tip of a very explosive ice berg..  and due to the reasons
behind its being issued in the first place, very few media vehicles made any
mention of it at all..  for once the requests of the 'authorities' for
restraint were heeded by the media... Sooo... The problem had grown to such
size that the agency finally had to take 'official notice' and issue a
'written order' in an effort to , at least, curb one area of cult
'celebration'... there are other regs.  on various books and there are
numerous references at any library that refer to these 'religious
practices', the number of registered [and for every one registered the
estimate is 5 not registered] Satanists, and all the other factors involved
here... so anyone willing to do their homework and that has a very strong
stomic can easily validate the problem I am addressing here...

So what's this got to do with our fuzzys and the fml and so on????  A good
many years ago I was approached by a group of local citizens from the area
in which I lived..  they knew of me and my activities on behalf of animals.
They asked me to join them in the performance of an unpleasant duty.
Explaining that the day after Halloween they all met at a local nature
preserve to 'clean up' the mess left by Halloween Revellers..  they asked if
I would be willing to join their efforts that Halloween [two days in the
future] in restoring the park to a state that would allow it to reopen to
the public.... Oh, I forgot to mention..  these parks are closed and chained
up for this little 'holiday', but anyone willing to pack in a few miles over
rough terrain can still get in..  and they do..  every year!!

Altho I had been a victim of cult abuse as a child, I had no idea what I was
getting involved in..  I lasted just over 45 minutes that year before I fled
weeping and violently sick to my stomic..  The next year I managed to stay
nearly 2 hrs.  Now I get thru the whole morning and only fall apart after I
get back home to my beloved babies...

I am not addressing any other species here but ferrets..  and the 'mercy
killing' that is always required is not addressed here either... I do not
have part in either of those areas of this activity..  they are handled by
those who can and do take responsibility for them... I am dealing here with
the ferrets my poor talents have a chance of helping..  I have the people
ready, willing and able to take them after I get them stable..  I have the
'silence' of the other members of the 'restoration crew', I have Doc and
Bruce [at least for this one more year]..  and I have my own commitment and
personal resources...

So what's all this got to do with all of you???  What I don't have is enough
of many 'things' I have to have in abundance, to take care of the little
ones we have every reason to expect will be needing us this year..  Each
year the numbers increase..  and with the ever larger numbers of people who
are becoming aware of my small efforts [for which I am very grateful to the
fml, the [CIS] Animals Forum/ferrets section, the local vets, the religious
community out here, and the park ranger service] the number of needy fuzzys
has grown..  After integrating a couple dozen factors we use to judge
'planned activity' for this Holiday everyone involved concurs that we are
looking at another big jump in numbers...

My dilemma was whether to just 'do what I can' or 'plead for assistance'
from people in the ferret community... Last year, even with contributions
from members of the acting community, among others, I still had over
$1,900.00 in personal commitments that took all my savings and 6 months of
repaying loans from friends.... this year with the increased shelter traffic
I have little reserve to draw on..

Sooo..  I am here, hat in hand, to beg for help!!  I simply cannot do this
alone ... anything from medical supplies, to ferret specific supplies, to
blankets, [etc.] I would be profoundly grateful for... Lastly, any 'spare
change' you might have would be wonderful to provide for the unexpected and
the ongoing care expenses I cover with the people who will be taking on the
long term care and adoption responsibilities...

A local address is available for any contributions of materials or funds you
may wish to make: 26502 Golden Valley Rd.  #110-339 Saugus, Calif.  91350..

I cannot tell you how hard this post has been for me to write..  How many
times I started and then deleted it it unsent..  but you have taught me a
very valuable lesson here..  that there is a great body of good and decent
people in this world who care as much as I do for a very precious fur
child..  the ferret!

 thank you, so very much, for your consideration...

 dayna          and the Woozles

[please don't think no one is doing anything to stop all this every year...
we are doing anything and everything we can short of criminal mayhem...  but
in spite of our best efforts the carnage continues....]

 "Resident of... Marvelous Menagerie Of Mirthful Mayhem"
 dayna frazier  102046,3162  13-Oct-1996  18:38:18 PST