From:
"Mrs. Duck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 08:01:32 -0500
I'd like to point out two MAJOR differences between the Ferret Flu and ECE:

>From:    Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Rikki's ulcer, ECE complications
>The ferret flu that Mrs Duck is talking about sounds like ECE.

First big difference is that the owner (or another human the ferrets have
had excessive exposure to) also comes down with a tummy flu within a day or
two each way of the ferrets.  I did, and comiserated with the ferrets 100%.
I don't know if it was me that gave it to them, or them to me, although they
had it first :-P.

Secondly, this thing seems to run it's course in about 5 days, and be
forever gone afterward.

It is for these two reasons that the vets don't seem to think it was ECE (at
least in my house).

As I posted before, either way, a vet should be consulted, and supportive
care given, particularly to prevent dehydration.

-Mrs. Duck