From:
Martha Calkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 11:13:50 EDT
I know the conventional wisdom says to wait about 30 minutes for a
reaction.  2 years ago Tipper had her first and (with pretreatment, knock
wood) only reaction 6 hours later.  It only took about half an hour for her
to go from retching to comatose.  Naturally it was during rush hour so 20
minutes of that was spent driving to the vets.  Several times I thought she
was dead in the car.  Fortunately, she recovered as quickly as she went
down.

Unfortunately, I no longer feel they're safe just because 30 minutes have
passed with no reaction.

Martha