From:
Amy Robbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 10:09:35 -0400
Some of you may have followed the Moose saga.  He had diarrhea, teeth
grinding etc for about a year.  Did surgery, medications, special feeding
and natural rememedies....to no avail.  In February he stopped eating all
together and as been syringe fed by me since then.  Well Moose gave up
the battle yesterday.  If my guesstimate is correct he was close to 7 1/2
years old and spent the last three being king of the house.

Yesterday I had a strong feeling that it was his last day.  He was weak,
and gritting his teeth so I couldn't get much food in, his breath came in
small gasps.  We curled up on the couch and watched TV for awhile.  We I
woke up he had moved ... because he pooped all over me.  That was a sure
sign.  Then he wandered off to find his buddies, I was just annoying him
by hovering over him, so I let he go into my closet and curl up in the
laundry with his friends.  When I got home Monday night he was in one of
his favorite spots, and gone.  I tucked him in the sleep tube that came
along with him and Buster when they moved in with me and brought him to
the Animal Emergency to stay until the cremation folks came to pick him
up.  I did never know exactly what was wrong, but I did not have a
necropsy done, but of course in retrospect I should have.

Moose and Buster came to me almost three years ago as fosters that I just
couldn't part with so they became part of my permanent family.  Buster
had to leave me at 3 1/2 years old due to Megaesophagus two years ago.
Moose lived on without his long time cagemate.  I loved them both dearly
and will miss them both.  My loveable beggers, but they are together
again.

This is the third animal in one month...My darling, evil one, Rascal, my
mare Cheers and now Moose....

Geez this make three animals in one month!

Buster and Moose are together again, they missed each other something
fierce.

Dooks
Amy